Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oven Baked Fries


I love a french fry as much as the next guy (or gal). But I don't like all of the fat and calories that go along with the traditional french fry. For a couple of years, I've been cutting my potatoes into chuncks and baking them. I actually made these pretty often. I think my husband got tired of them, so I had to find something new to make. For Christmas last year, I received a french fry cutter. I was so excited to try it! It comes with two different sizes. I've tried them both. I actually like the bigger setting, but during the week, I like to use the smaller setting so we don't have to wait all night for our dinner to be ready. When we have our hamburgers on the grill (which is pretty often) sometimes I like to make oven baked fries so that we can have our burger and fries, just a healthier version. Here's what I do...


OVEN BAKED FRIES
Servings: 4
Points+: 4

4 medium russet potatoes, washed and dried
olive oil non-stick cooking spray
salt and pepper, seasoned salt or garlic salt


Using french fry cutter, cut all fries to your desired thickness. Dry potatoes very well after cutting to remove any moisture and place in large bowl. Spray cooking spray onto fries and toss to coat. Add seasoning of your choice and toss until potatoes are evenly coated. Place fries on cooling rack above baking pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes, or until desired crispness.


These are pretty simple to make. The french fry cutter makes them a lot easier, too. Now go grill yourself a burger with some healthy oven baked fries.




So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment