Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl Prep

Today was my last day to prep for the Super Bowl. In typical Saturday fashion, it was a very busy day.

I got a 3 mile run in today. I'm not sure why, but my pace dropped back to a 10 minute mile. It could be because I was so frustrated that we wasted an hour and a half today looking for my iPod. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I downloaded some new music for running and really wanted to try out the playlist so I can make any changes for next Saturday. At least I still got the APs and that's what counts. Not sure if I'll get a run in tomorrow with everything going on. We have a birthday party at 1:00 tomorrow (Happy 25th Birthday to my sister-in-law Jill!) and then we have to come back and get everything ready for ths Super Bowl party that I told everyone to show up for at 4:00.

I tried a new recipe for chicken pot pie tonight. The result...it was absolutely D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! It's definitely a keeper. Everyone cleaned their plate tonight, even the 2 1/2 year old. I forgot to take pictures, but here's the recipe:

CHICKEN POT PIE
Servings: 4
Points+: 7

1 c. Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix
1/2 c. skim milk
1/4 c. egg substitute
1 1/2 c. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
2 1/2 c. mixed vegetables, thawed
1 can FF cream of celery soup
1 can FF cream of chicken soup
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine chicken, veggies, soup & salt and pepper. Stir until well combined and pour into casserole dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. In another bowl, combine Bisquick, milk and egg substitute and stir until well combined. Spread this mixture over top of the chicken mixture. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until golden brown.

I think this recipe will be a good weekday recipe, too. I'm all about convenience during the week. I try to prep as much as possible the night before so all I have to do it finish something or just pop it in the oven after I get home from work.

I made a change in tomorrow's menu. Instead of the Ham & Cheese Pretzel Bites, I'm going to try to make a recipe using the ham and cheese and frozen bread dough. I looked over the pretzel recipe today and decided that it was too complex for such a busy day. I will definitely be making it another time though.

Wish me luck that I get everything done tomorrow. Thinking I might do a JM workout tonight still...

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment