Thursday, February 9, 2012

Santa Fe Crockpot Chicken


This is one of the easiest crockpot recipes that I've ever made. You just dump everything in, cook it and 4 hours later its done. I know thats how most crockpot recipes work, but I'm just saying. This is sooo good, too. I guess that helps, too. I usually serve this over brown rice and that helps to round it out. But if you don't want to add the rice, you don't have to. It's just a suggestion.

SANTE FE CROCKPOT CHICKEN
Servings: 3
Points+: 8

3 chicken breasts
1 c. frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 c. salsa
4 oz. fat free cream cheese

Combine all ingredients, except cream cheese, in crockpot and stir until combined. Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours. Add cream cheese the last 15 minutes of cooking. After cream cheese has melted, stir to combine.

I'm telling you...SO GOOD!!

RUNNING UPDATE:
I have great news! I got my lunchtime run in today. But that's not even what's great. What's great is that I set a personal running record today. I ran 3 miles in 25:37. That comes out to be an 8:25 mile. I was Speedy Gonzalez today! I don't know what contributed to this, but I'd love to figure it out and keep doing it! I really wanted to get another run in before the race on Saturday that wasn't the day before. I think I've learned that I do better when I don't run on back to back days. I'm really loving this new running playlist that I've been listening to. The details about that will be the topic of a future post.

I also got to do my JM Yoga Meltdown workout. After today, there is only one word to describe me: EXHAUSTED!!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment