Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Loaded Dutchess Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes = Good! Loaded Mashed Potatoes = Better! Loaded Dutchess Potatoes = THE BEST!! I saw these years ago in Cosmo. They were part of an article telling how to make your Valentine a romantic dinner. Awww! I thought I had kept the magazine with the recipes, but after a brief search today, realized that I didn't. So this recipe was all my creation. I love the dutchess potatoes and I love loaded baked potatoes. So I decided to combine the two and this is what I came up with...

Loaded Dutchess Potatoes
Servings: 4
Points+: 4

4 medium potatoes
1/4 c. skim milk
1/4 c. FF sour cream
1/3 c. 2% milk shredded cheddar cheese
2 T. bacon bits
1 t. garlic salt

1/4 c. egg beaters
1 t. skim milk

Peel and dice potatoes. Cook until fork tender. Using hand mixer, mix together potatoes and milk until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Using piping bag, pipe into small mounds onto greased baking sheet. Chill for 20 - 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine egg beaters and milk to make egg wash. Remove potatoes from fridge and brush with egg wash.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with chopped scallions, bacon bits - what ever strikes your fancy! These are great because they're really not hard to do, but they're so fancy. Make them when you want to impress your guests. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment