Monday, February 20, 2012

Ranch House Crockpot Chicken


I love having things to do on the weekend. And I really do appreciate my family and friends. But sometimes, you can have too much to do on the weekends. This was one of those weekends. As much as I hate to say it, I was looking forward to going back to work this morning so that I would be able to relax...Really? Yep, that's right. Our weekend was so hectic and busy, that work was going to be relaxing. And you know what? It really was.

Over the weekend, I prepped a couple of dinners for this week so that I wouldn't have so much to do during the week. So I was really glad that I had planned for a crockpot dinner for tonight. I would say that this was just ok. I have another crockpot chicken stroganoff recipe that I like better. I might be able to tweak this one a bit to make it better, but I'm not sure if I will since I have another one that is very similar that I know we like. But you might like this one better. Here's the recipe:

RANCH HOUSE CROCKPOT CHICKEN
adapted from Life as a Lofthouse
Servings: 3
Points+: 5


1 can 98% FF cream of chicken soup
1/2 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1/3 c. milk
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

In crockpot, combine soup, dressing mix and milk. Stir until well combined, add chicken breasts and toss to coat. Cook on low heat 6 - 8 hours or high heat 4 - 6 hours. Serve over rice.

Now I will say that TC and Addison both ate this up. Neither one complained about it in anyway, so it must not be too bad. You could probably stir in a couple of things to make this a little better, too. Who knows, maybe I will work on this one.

During lunch today, I came home and made a couple of batches of Flourless Oatmeal Raisin cookies. TC, who doesn't usually like raisins, liked them. They were really chewy and were only 2 pts. per cookie. Can't wait to share that one with you!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment