Friday, February 3, 2012

Flex Friday

What a beautiful day! With my job, I'm able to flex my Fridays, so I get two Fridays off a month. Today happened to be one of those Fridays. The weather was absolutely gorgeous today and I tried my best to enjoy the whole day.

After we relaxed around the house for a little while, we made a trip to the store to pick up all of the necessary ingredients for our Super Bowl provisions. Hopefully, we won't have to make any more trips to the store. I started prepping everything that I could today.

I got the cheesecake filling made (recipe still to come), the crust for the fruit pizza (which may be changing to a variation of a pretzel salad) and the Alabama Firecrackers made. This is a new addition to the menu for Sunday:


ALABAMA FIRECRACKERS
Servings: 30
Points+: 5

Ingredients:
1 c. canola oil
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1/3 t. black pepper
2 envelopes ranch dressing mix
2 (11 oz.) boxes Club Mini Multigrain Crackers

Add all ingredients, except crackers to a large bowl and whisk until well blended. Add crackers and gently stir until all crackers are well coated. Bake in 9 x 13 pan at 200 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.


These are so good. They're not what I call WW-friendly, but sometimes I think its ok to splurge. All of my taste testers tonight thought they were really good. Hopefully my party goers on Sunday will, too.

I had a really good run today. I'm trying to get ready for the race I'm in next week. It's hard for me to run during the week, so I try to run every day on the weekend. On my weekends with my Flex Friday, I get an extra run in. I ran 3.34 miles today in 30 minutes. That's around a 9 minute mile. I've never run that pace before. How great would it be if I could do at least that next weekend! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and I hope you will, too.

Tomorrow is another busy day. More Super Bowl prep, have to get all of the laundry done so its out of the way for Sunday and I've got to get in another run. It's supposed to be in the 70s again tomorrow and I plan to enjoy every one of those degrees!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment