Friday, June 29, 2012

Greek Turkey Burgers


This week sure has been a busy one! I'm really looking forward to the weekend, although I think it's going to be another busy one. I'm hoping that we're going to be able to get everything done inside the camper so that I can start filling up the storage with pot & pans, plates and all that good stuff! Shopping spree anyone? It's supposed to be over 100 degrees here this weekend anyway, so staying inside will definitely be a necessity!


Dinner was absolutely delicious! I've been seeing so many posts and pins about greek food. I got the idea to make some greek turkey burgers last night. Holy moley they were good! TC actually ate 3 of them, yes, I said 3! They're really easy and so good! You need to try these...SOON! Here's the recipe:

GREEK TURKEY BURGERS
Servings: 4
Points+: 4


1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/4 c. crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. onion, minced
1 t. McCormick's Mediterranean Herb seasoning
1/4 t. salt

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until very well combined. Form into 4 even patties. Grill for 12 - 15 minutes on each side, or until well done.

I served mine on Whitewheat buns for an additional 3 points. You can add whatever toppers you want. I also added some American cheese for a little more tang. You could add some tzaziki sauce, too...whatever flavors you want to use really.


EXERCISE:
Since this weekend is supposed to be a scorcher, I wanted to definitely get my run in last night. The only way I'll be able to run this weekend is if it's in the wee hours of the morning. Ha! We'll see if my eyelids cooperate and stay open for me. So I did a 4 mile run last night. It was a beautiful evening. It's so nice to run in the early morning and the late evening. Such a peaceful time!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I bet those were really good, adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely were. TC ate 3 of them!!

      Delete