Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 2012 Foodie Pen Pal Package

This month's Foodie Pen Pal Package was the best yet! The gal who sent me my package was so amazing! Her Name is Jilly and she has a fun blog called, My Outside Voice, definitely go check it out. She lives in Minnesota is is always on the go! I love that she took the time to find out exactly what I like and then she went to her local market and picked out what she thought I would like. She explained the store to me a little bit and I'm totally impressed! I mean, doesn't everybody have chandeliers in their grocery stores? Ha!

To start, I am not a patient person! So when I found out that she had sent it out early, I was even more excited! How happy was I when I came home to find waiting for me on my porch one day?! Of course I ran inside to open it up and this is what I found...


How pretty is that? I loved reading her note and also unwrapping everything that she sent. So this is what was in the package:

Northen Lights Seasoning Spice - A spice blend with overtones of hickory, wild berries and herbs.

Black Jewel Microwave Popcorn - I never even knew this existed!


Curt's Medium Salsa - This is actually made by a friend of her's. How cool is that?


Minnesota Grown Spun Honey - I've never heard of this before, but I can't wait to try it! I've googled it looking for different ways to use it.


Raspberry Pepper Jam - Yes, that's right! There's raspberry in the pepper jam.


Roasted Wild Rice - Locally grown from Minnesota. - There is a really good recipe in the cookbook for Chicken & Wild Rice soup that I'm going to try.


Super Red Chocolate Bar - A dark chocolate bar with raspberries, strawberries and cherries in it.


And finally my favorite part of all...
A couple of magazines from the grocery store and the Always Superb - Recipes for Every Occasion Cookbook! This cookbook is from the Junior League that Jilly is involved with in Minnesota.


So there it is! That's everything I got this month. Aren't you so jealous! This is such a fun program. But what is even better is all of the friendships that I've been making. Jilly and I are still e-mailing each other. If we lived closer, I know we would be friends.

And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.

If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.

You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!

*If you're from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send me an email and I'll see if we get enough interest this month!

So long for today...











4 comments:

  1. Your package looks awesome! The chocolate bar has me salivating just a little bit. :) I'm also a tad envious of the pepper jelly. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was amazing! Definitely my best package yet! I'm still trying to decide what to do with the pepper jelly, other than cream cheese and crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had SO much fun putting it together for you I am so glad you liked everything! One thing that we like that jelly on is as an accompaniment to pork chops on the grill. It is also good with a good sharp cheddar cheese. I am so glad that I have a new fun blog to read with fantastic recipes! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved everything that you sent. Thank you again! How much of a coincidence is it that we're having grilled porck chops for dinner tonight? Might have to slather some on the top!

      Delete