Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Running Gear

Just got back from North Carolina this evening. We made a trip up yesterday morning to my cousin's house. They were having a birthday party for their son that will be turning 5 on Tuesday. It's always so nice to spend time with them. It's not often enough, but when we do get to see them, we always have a good time. While I was up there, I had the chance to run with my cousin this morning. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of my running clothes or shoes with me. My cousin was able to outfit me with clothes and since I had been planning to buy a new pair of running shoes anyway, I ran up to the shoe store and found a pair that I liked. I had been needing a new pair because I've been rubbing blisters on the fronts of my toes. I was told that my shoes were too small for me and I needed bigger ones, so I went up a size.

Here are my new shoes:


I love them! I love the colors and I love how breathable the shoes are. They are pretty lightweight and feel great on my feet! I'm very happy with my purchase! What's even better is that I have a running skirt that they match!



I also got a new heart rate monitor this weekend. I ordered it from Amazon on Thursday and it was delivered while we were gone over the weekend. I already had a Timex HRM, but I wanted a little better one that would maybe give me a more accurate reading for my HR. So I ordered the Polar FT7. Here it is:




I've heard a lot of great things about Polar heart rate monitors. Many of the women in my WW message board have this particular model and love it. So I decided to go with everyone's recommendation and finally ordered it. I already have it programmed and ready to go. Can't wait to try it out!

EXERCISE:
Well, I already got in a 3 mile walk this morning followed up by an almost 2 mile run, but since it's Sunday, it's Yoga time! I'm going to be doing level 2 of Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown tonight. I'm looking forward to being able to try out my HRM. Can't wait!

So long for today...


4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about getting an HRM, so I'm excited to see what you think of yours. :)

    Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - So far, I really like the HRM. It's a lot easier than my last one. You enter your stats, and it figures all of your targets, etc. for you. I've heard really great things about it, so I'm expecting to keep loving it more and more each day. Thanks about the shoes, too. I love bright things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love those shoes! How fun! Plus, the fact that you have a matching running skirt makes it even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are awesome, I bet they motivate you to run more! I know a new pair of shoes usually does that for me! The HRM sounds really interesting, I may have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete