Friday, June 8, 2012

Nutella Brownies



Have you ever had Nutella? When I was growing up, we were very active in the French exchange program in high school. It started with my sister when she was in school, then when I got old enough, I also got involved with it. I think it is such a fantastic learning experience for everyone involved. Anyway, they introduced us to Nutella. It's this absolutely delicious chocolate hazelnut spread. You can use it in recipes, or I like to eat it on pretzels, crepes, bread even just a spoon. Ha! When I was in France, I got hooked on a certain kind of bread that they have called Brioche. It's a sweeter bread that I'm pretty sure has a lot of eggs in it. I'll look for a recipe and try to make it for a future post.

So I had this jar of Nutella in my pantry that I needed to use up. There are all kinds of recipes out there using Nutella, but I decided that since I needed to make brownies to take to Charlotte this weekend, I would kill two birds with one stone and make Nutella Brownies. I love how easy these were to make. One thing that I'm noticing about the made from scratch brownies that I've been making is that they're not made with any oil. I hate to use a lot of oil in my dishes. In my opinion, it's just extra fat that we really don't need. Ok, so back to the brownies...yes, I have a "perfect brownie pan" and I love it! I love that it precuts the brownies for you and they're just the right size. But you can use whatever pan you want. Here's the recipe:



NUTELLA BROWNIES
adapted from Alaska from Scratch
Servings: 18
Points+: 5



1/3 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 c. Nutella
3/4 c. flour
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick cooking spray (I used my "perfect brownie pan."

Cream together butter and sugar. Incorporate eggs and vanilla until combined. Mix in Nutella until smooth and fluffy. Add in flour and salt until just mixed.

Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 30 minutes or until set in middle. Cool at least 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.



EXERCISE
Well, did a lot of running around this morning after my hair appointment. My sister and I went outlet shopping for a couple of things. We were in a hurry and she was having some trouble keeping up with me. This is surprising as she is usually the one walking too fast! I didn't count this as formal exercise, but it was nice to get a litte more movement in my day. My official exercise was Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 - Level 4. Yes, I finally made it to level 4! I hope to stick with this one for a while until the superman poses using 5 pound weights don't seem impossible for me. Someday, someday.

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. I can see that one of those pans really work great!!

    ReplyDelete