Thursday, June 21, 2012

Eating Non-Processed - Day 3

Well, I really tried to do this for a week. I promise, I really did. But it just got to be too stressful for me. I don't want to have to think so much about what I am eating. As I've mentioned before, I am a very structured person. So when I have to go outside of my comfort zone, I get stressed. Yes, I understand that it's good to go outside of your comfort zone sometimes. But I have some other things going on that are giving me more than my normal amounts of stress, so if I can easily eliminate one source of stress, I'm going to do just that.

My friend and I were talking and we have come to the realization that there really is minimal processed foods in our diets already. I'm a big believer of the everything in moderation mind-set. So that is what I am going to do. I've already eliminated caffeine from my diet as well as artificial sweeteners. I think doing that can really help to make my diet cleaner. So we will go with the moderation idea for a while and see how it works.

The good news is that I will be able to try out some new recipes again and share them with you. I bought some zucchini at the Farmer's Market and have wanted to make some zucchini bread for a while, so you can probably expect to see that on the blog in the near future.

Before I decided to quit (I hate being a quitter.), I did take some pics of what I had eaten so let me share them with you:

BREAKFAST:
1 egg + 1 egg white, 1 piece of English Muffin Bread with 1/2 t. organic butter and 1 t. lemon blueberry curd. (I didn't get a picture of this, but just imagine yesterday's breakfast with some blueberry curd on the toast.)

SNACK:
1 banana - Again, not picture, but you are familiar with bananas.


LUNCH:
Pear & Almond Salad again with 1 piece of English Muffin Bread w/ 1/2 t. organic butter & 1 t. lemon blueberry curd.

I had visited the local Farmer's Market during lunch and picked up some yummy fruits and vegetables, so I also cut up a cantaloupe and had some of that.



SNACK:
I also had some frozen dark cherries that I thawed out for a quick snack. I think these are so good!



The last snack that I took a picture of was my chopped egg white with some pico de gallo.


EXERCISE:
So I'm trying to slow down my running. I ran/jogged 3 miles around the neighborhood paying close attention to my heart rate. After I got back from that, I also did some strength moves for my arms and legs. It felt good (but weird) to run so slow, but I guess it's better for my joints, right?

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment