Saturday, June 2, 2012

Light Blueberry Crisps


The other day at work, someone told me that someone was selling freshly picked blueberries. I LOVE blueberries. Almost as much as my sister, but not quite. I have been eating them in my yogurt parfaits every morning, so I knew I could use them for that instead of the frozen ones that I have been using. But I also love to cook and bake with them. Since I bought 2 quarts of the berries in blue, I started looking for some recipes that I could try and post for your reading pleasure. I was looking through so many that I started to see blue! So I decided that maybe I could come up with one on my own. And that's exactly what I did!


I love anything that is pre-portioned for me. I decided to make these individual blueberry crisps. If you didn't want to do that, you could do make one large crisp. Just pour it into a large baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake for about 30 - 45 minutes. I'm not sure yet what I'll do for you tomorrow. Maybe doughnuts or a cake. We'll just have to wait and see...Here's my recipe:

LIGHT BLUEBERRY CRISPS
Servings: 3
Points+: 4


2 c. fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
1 t. cornstarch
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. lemon juice

1/2 c. quick oats
1 T. brown sugar
1/3 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. salt
1 t. flour
2 t. unsweetened applesauce

Preheat oven to 375 degree. In medium bowl, combine blueberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice. Stir until juices start to come out of the blueberries and all the cornstarch and sugar are dissolved. Set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients and stir until applesauce is thoroughly incorporated into mixture.

Spray three ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly distribute the blueberry mixture among the ramekins. Top the blueberry mixture with the cinnamon oat mixture. Place on shallow baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Enjoy!


EXERCISE
I was happy to get my run in today. It was a beautiful and sunny day here today. Unfortunately, I didn't get to run until around 1:00 in the afternoon. June in South Carolina can be pretty hot at that time of day and today was no exception! I did manage to make it for 3 miles, but I was pretty hot by the end of the run. I really should have hydrated more since I was running so late in the day, but you live and you learn. I plan to get up and run first thing tomorrow morning when it's still relatively cool.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment