Friday, June 22, 2012

English Muffin Bread



Well hello there! I hope you all had a great day. My day was wonderful! It's days like this that help to make up for the ones that aren't as great. My day started with a 4 mile run with absolutely beautiful weather. We had a couple of errands to run in the morning, but after that, the day was spent at home relaxing. I baked a little bit today and I also tried to get a little sun. We went out for dinner, then had a nice visit with my parents. Days just don't get much better than this.

So while I was trying to eat non-processed, there was only one thing that was helping me to make it through the work day. The evening after my first day, I realized that I needed some kind of starchy carb to eat throughout my day. After I searched through some blogs, I found the perfect recipe...English Muffin Bread. What is great about this besides how delicious it is (especially toasted with butter and some type of jelly or curd) is how easy it was to make. You mix everything up, let it rise and then bake it. Seriously, couldn't be any eaiser! Here's the recipe:

ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD
adapted from Juanita's Cocina
Servings: 12
Points+: 3



6 cups all-purpose flour
2 packages yeast
1 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups milk
1/2 cup water
cornmeal

Grease two loaf pans and coat them in a thin layer of cornmeal.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 3 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar and salt.

Heat the milk and water in a microwave-safe bowl until very warm. (It took me approximately 4 minutes) Add the warm water to the stand mixer bowl. Using the dough hook attachment, begin to mix the ingredients together.

Gradually add in the remaining 3 cups of flour until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.

Divide the dough in half and gently press each half into the prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle the tops of the loaves with more cornmeal. Cover and allow to rise for 45 minutes.

Bake in the oven on 350 for 25 minutes, or until loaves turn a golden-brown color.



EXERCISE:
I woke up this morning and had my morning blueberry and greek yogurt parfait and then headed out for a run. I felt great and the weather was perfect, so I pushed it to 3 miles. I'm still trying to take it easy, so my times are slowing down a little bit. But i'm proud to report that I have ran/jogged/walked 15 miles so far this week and I'm not done yet!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment