Monday, June 25, 2012

Easy Garlic Chicken



Happy "Makeup Monday" everyone! So even though I had a good bit of exercise yesterday, the scale was still up a little bit today so I had another "Makeup Monday." What this usually means is grilled chicken, brown rice and some kind of veggie for dinner. I really think that hubby has come to expect this on Mondays now. I'm not very confident that the scale will drop too much more by tomorrow morning, but it's worth a shot.

So go ahead and guess where I found this chicken recipe...PINTEREST! I'm sure you're shocked by that! This is so good and so easy, too. You know me, it's all about the ease for me! The house smelled amazing while I was cooking this, too! I love using brown sugar in cooking. I love the surprise sweetness that it adds to the dish. Here is the recipe:

EASY GARLIC CHICKEN
adapted from Food.com
Servings: 4
Points+: 5



4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 t. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 T. brown sugar

Preheat oven to 500°F and lightly grease a casserole dish. In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes.



EXERCISE:
I'm still a little torn on which workout to do tonight. I'm debating between either Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones, or level 1 of her Extreme Shed & Shred. Life really is full of tough decisions! Tune into Facebook later for the exciting conclusion to "Which Workout Will Deneene Do!" Haha!

So long for tonight...




4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so much better than the plain jane chicken I threw on the grill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with plain jane! We do plain jane many nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious chicken recipe, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelly! It was so easy, too!

    ReplyDelete