Sunday, June 17, 2012

Turkey Egg Rolls



Happy Father's Day to all of the Fathers out there, past, present & future! I hope you all had wonderful days! Addison's father (aka my hubby) had a rough start to his Father's day. We woke up with every intention of going to church, but due to some plumbing problems which demanded immediate attention, we didn't make it. We had a definitely change of plans today. It was one of those days where almost anything that COULD go wrong, DID go wrong. But this too shall pass, right?

I made these egg rolls for the first time a while ago. They're actually pretty easy to make and not that bad for you. You get some healthy protein in them along with some veggies. I like that they're all rolled up for you, too. We ate our's with some sweet chili sauce that I had bought the other day at Trader Joes and some of us also had some extra soy sauce on the side. Here's the recipe:

TURKEY EGG ROLLS
Servings: 10
Points+: 5



1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
1 c. shredded carrots
1 1/2 c. shredded cabbage
2 t. ginger
2 t. garlic powder
3 T. soy sauce
20 egg roll wrappers

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add turkey to skillet and cook until well done. Add remaining ingredients, except for wrappers and cook until veggies are tender.

Lay wrapper out flat. Place 1/4 c. of filling in the center of the egg roll wrapper. Lightly wet all four edges of the egg roll wrapper. Turn the wrapper so that it is in a diamond shape in front of you. Fold the bottom corner up about halfway over filling. Fold in each side corner, then continue to roll the wrapper up.

Place egg rolls about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway through.



EXERCISE
It was a beautiful day today, but since we had a delay this morning, I didn't get a morning run in. After we made it up to my parent's house, I did get to go for a 3.5 mile run in the sweltering heat. That's always nice, but I'm really glad I got the run in. I wanted to walk a few times, but I kept on pushing through and I made it the whole time. Pretty proud of myself! I'm also going to do my weekly Sunday night Yoga to help to relax, although after the busy weekend we've had I'm hoping to fall asleep tonight as soon as my head hits the pillow tonight. Here's hoping!

So long for today...





1 comment:

  1. I am adding these to my must try list, they look delicious and fairly easy to make! NUM!

    ReplyDelete