Monday, June 18, 2012

Eating Non-Processed - Day 1

Wow! Eating all non-processed foods is hard! I think I could hear anyone within a two floor radius of my office opening a bag or box of porcessed foods! I'm really hoping that it gets easier. I think my biggest problem was that I didn't have a lot of starchy carbs today. When I eat my lunch, I like to have something that is nice and crispy or crunchy to eat along with my salad or sandwich. In order to remedy this, I'm making a loaf of English Muffin Bread. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

So this week, I thought I would give you a view of everything that I ate each day. Here we go:

BREAKFAST:

4 oz. Stoneyfield Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt with Honey
1 c. fresh blueberries
1/4 c. homemade granola
1/2 t. cinnamon

SNACK:

1 Banana

LUNCH:

Bed of romaine lettuce
1 pear, chopped
1 T. sliced almonds
Homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing

I also ate some baby carrots and strawberries with lunch, but forgot to take a picture. But I also figured that you already know what those look like. I needed something sweet and crunchy with this so I also had a little more granola.

SNACK:

1 hard-boiled egg and 1 hard-boiled egg white
1/4 c. pico de gallo

I also had an apple, once again...you already know what this looks like.

DINNER:

1 serving Easy Garlic Chicken
3/4 c. whole wheat couscous
1 c. green beans

After dinner, I needed my something sweet, so I had a small bowl of mixed fruit:


Finally, I baked a loaf of English Muffin Bread and I wanted to try a piece of it to see how it tasted:


EXERCISE:
I got in a 2 mile walk after dinner before my parents brought Addison back from her day at the beach. I'm also planning to do my plank hold as well as some upper body moves to even everything out.

So there you have it. My first day of eating non-processed foods. It was pretty hard for me. I'm really hoping tomorrow will be easier!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment